Simply put, this smooth, decadently dark cacao-avocado pudding is a food purist’s dream. Sweetened only by fruit, requiring 5 ingredients and a matter of minutes to whip together, this chic yet unpretentious treat is the perfect finale to an evening of clean eating.
Cacao Avocado Pudding:
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup 100% raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup of date paste (see below)
- 5 tablespoons homemade cashew milk (see recipe here)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup filtered hot water (brought to a simmer)
To make the date paste, place the dates in a medium bowl. Pour simmering water over the dates and let soak for a few minutes. Blend the liquid and fruit until smooth. Use 1/3 cup to sweeten the pudding. Store the rest in the refrigerator as a sugar substitute.
Blend the ingredients in a NutriBullet or other nutrient extract until smooth and creamy. If desired, use a handheld blender to whip air into the mixture for a fluffier texture.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to consume. Top with pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt, fresh raspberries, or unsweetened coconut flakes.