Sautéed spinach, shallots and garlic form an aromatic nest for this runny egg fried in avocado oil and topped with pink Himalayan sea salt. A rather impromptu morning affair, this breakfast is successful by simply throwing together a few ingredients.
- 1-2 organic pasture-raised eggs
- Organic avocado oil
- Several handfuls of organic spinach
- 2 tablespoons organic shallots, chopped finely
- 3-4 cloves organic garlic, minced
- Organic avocado or olive oil
- Pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Warm a splash of avocado oil in a pan over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan and cook until the whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken. Carefully flip each egg and let them cook according to preference.
Meanwhile in a separate pan, warm additional oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and shallots and sauté for a minute or two, careful not to let the garlic burn.
Add several handfuls of spinach and wilt the greens, folding the ingredients together with a spatula.
Plate the spinach and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.