Frosted chocolate hearts, with their spicy brownie base and maple-cacao ganache, will have you falling in love with clean eating all over again. The romance of these plant-rich sweets can be found in a handful of mood altering adaptogens blended gently into the batter and designed to further infuse these delectable indulgences with pleasurable healing properties.
- 12 medjool dates, pitted and chopped (or ~1 cup chopped depending on date size)
- 4 tablespoons dry-roasted nut butter, peanut butter, or tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh nut milk (recipe here)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic 100% raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons organic ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons organic maca powder or other adaptogen (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Reishi mushroom powder or other adaptogen (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 2 cups fresh nut pulp (preferably almond or cashew)
- 1 avocado, conventional is fine given the hard exterior
- 1/4 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic 100% raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Pinch of pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
To prepare the dates, soak in a bowl of hot water (enough to cover the fruit) for 20 minutes. Drain the dates and discard the water, then place in a nutribullet or other nutrient extractor. Blend the soaked dates, nut butter, nut milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the cacao powder, cinnamon, salt and preferred adaptogens.
In a food processor, add the fresh nut pulp, dry and wet ingredient mixtures and blend until the dough forms into a ball.
Press the mixture evenly into a dehydrator tray liner. Dehydrate overnight, for 12 hours, at 115 degrees.
After the mixture has cooled completely, use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to extract the individual brownies. Set aside.
To make the frosting, blend the ingredients in a nutrient extractor until smooth. Spoon the frosting into a prepared pastry bag and use a piping tip to decorate the brownies, or simply smear frosting across the top.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.