Tonight, curl up with a steaming bowl of charred vegetables and coconut-marinaded chicken. This nourishing dish – finished with a dollop of refreshing guacamole – is functional food at its finest.
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos (delicious replacement for soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Manuka honey (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon organic ground ginger
- 4-6 organic chicken thighs, skin-on and bone-in
- Organic onions, chopped into quarters
- Organic bell peppers, cored and cut into generous slices
- Lucini extra virgin olive oil (100% pure Italian olives with no canola or vegetable additives)
- Celtic sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1-2 organic avocados, pitted and peeled
- Handful of organic cherry tomatoes, chopped finely
- Handful of organic cilantro, chopped finely
- 1/2 organic shallot, chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a plastic bag, add the marinade and chicken thighs. Seal the bag, shake the ingredients together, and then let it sit for at least 30 minutes at room temperature. If longer, keep in the refrigerator.
Remove the chicken from the bag and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake the chicken for approximately 1 hour until the skin is crispy, flipping once.
Line a second baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the prepared onions and bell peppers in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the coated vegetables on the baking sheet and roast for 45-60 minutes, according to preference.
To make the guacamole, blend the ingredients in a Nutribullet or other nutrient extractor until semi-smooth. Alternatively, mash the ingredients together with a fork.
Cut the vegetables and chicken into strips. Plate and finish with guacamole.
- Alternatively, marinate the chicken in olive oil, Celtic sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, dried thyme and oregano.