This banana bread, fruit-sweetened and generously splattered with raw cacao chips, captures the heart of clean-eating cuisine while maintaining the illusion of indulgence.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:
- 4 ripe bananas (conventional is fine given the hard exterior)
- 4 organic, pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted almond butter
- 4 tablespoons organic, unrefined coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (baking powder often contains cornstarch, potato starch or gluten. Mix 1/4 teaspoon baking soda with 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar to substitute).
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup 100% raw cacao chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line a bread pan with parchment paper or use a prepared paper pan.
In a Cuisinart, blend the bananas, eggs, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, substitute “powder”, and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until fully combined. Fold in the cacao chips evenly and transfer the dough into the baking pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Let the bread cool completely before slicing. Individual slices can be frozen and later thawed for convenience.