A generous smear of this chive-cashew concoction pairs nicely with crisp crudités or crunchy crackers made entirely of seeds. Resembling a thick batch of hummus, this creamy spread with earthy flavors and a snap of garlic is a sensational substitute for the classic cheese plate.
Chive Cashew Cheese:
- 1 cup raw organic cashews, covered and soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s apple cider vinegar, with the mother
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup organic chives, chopped finely
- Celtic sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Crunchy seed crackers
- Choice of organic, freshly cut crudités
Drain the soaked cashews and rinse with water. Place the cashews, filtered water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and garlic in a Cuisinart and mix until smooth. Add the yeast and dry mustard and continue to blend until fully incorporated. Remove the concoction and place in a bowl. Fold in the chopped chives, and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.