Despite completely upending my old eating habits, my adoration for mint chocolate chip ice cream remains steadfast. Thankfully, my taste memories have dulled over time, making it increasingly easy to trick myself with a healthier version of creamy, frozen bliss. While it’s completely acceptable to enjoy this “nice cream” in its natural color, I like adding a ripe avocado to turn my treat minty green.
Mint Chip Nice Cream:
- 2 frozen bananas, previously sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh nut milk (recipe here)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon organic peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup 100% raw cacao nibs
In a Nutribullet or similar nutrient extractor, mix the frozen bananas, almond milk, avocado, and extracts until fully incorporated. Add the cacao chips and fold into the mixture until fully incorporated.