Abandoning sushi rice might sound a little unconventional, but the same was once said when the California roll made its LA debut. This energizing nori wrap – packed with roasted cauliflower, sweet shrimp, creamy avocado, and crisp cucumber – is quintessential west coast fusion with a faux-grain twist.
Cauliflower Hand Rolls:
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- Sheets of organic nori
- Organic avocado, thinly sliced
- Organic scallions, thinly sliced
- Organic cucumber, thinly sliced
- Sweet shrimp
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 1-2 organic avocados, pitted and peeled
- Handful of organic cherry tomatoes, chopped finely
- Handful of organic cilantro, chopped finely
- 1/2 organic shallot, chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Remove the leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower in half and cut the florets away from the core with a pairing knife. Place the florets in a food processor and chop until the cauliflower resembles the consistency of grains of rice. The florets may need to be chopped in batches, depending on the size of your processor.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper, and distribute the cauliflower evenly to create a single layer. Bake for 7 minutes, flip the rice, and then bake for another 7 minutes.
Spread a thin layer of guacamole across each nori wrap and sprinkle the cooled cauliflower rice on top. Add the other ingredients, careful to keep everything as flat as possible. Roll the nori, and seal the wrap with a little bit of water.