Sweet carrot soup speckled with a menagerie of edible flowers offers a gentle scent of tropical paradise grounded in a blend of warming spices.
Roasted carrot soup:
- 8 organic carrots (roughly 2 pounds), chopped into large uniform pieces
- 1 organic onion, chopped into thick segments
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups Engine 2 Plant Strong vegetable stock, Kettle & Fire bone broth, or homemade stock recipe
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Lucini extra virgin olive oil (100% pure Italian olives with no canola or vegetable additives)
- Celtic sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish: edible flowers or sprigs of fresh thyme
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the carrots and onion in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the coated vegetables on the baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
Warm olive oil over medium-heat in a soup pot. Add the minced garlic and saute for a minute until fragrant. Add the stock, ginger, and roasted vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
Puree the soup with a handheld blender or high-powered nutrient extractor. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish.