Delightfully simple fruit and nut flavors blend together in this stylish bundt cake drenched in glossy pecan butter frosting and packed with tangy, juicy apples folded between trails of cinnamon. Each bite of this lovely confection is both feminine and irresistible.
Apple Maple Bundt Cake:
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flour
- 3/4 cup organic almond flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 4 organic pasture-raised eggs
- 7 tablespoons organic, unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic apple butter (no added sugar)
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup apples, chopped finely
- 1 cup organic dry-roasted pecans, chopped
- 4 tablespoons organic almond flour
- 2 tablespoons organic pecans, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1/2 cup organic pecans, toasted
- 4 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic, unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt or cake pan very well with extra coconut oil.
In a bowl, mix together the coconut and almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt.
In another bowl, mix together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, apple butter, and vanilla extract. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Fold in the apples and pecans until fully combined.
Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the mixed crumble ingredients across the top of the batter.
Bake for 35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before flipping (if using a bundt pan) or removing from the mold (if using a regular cake pan).
To make the glaze, process the toasted pecans in a Cuisinart until smooth and buttery. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, coconut oil, vanilla and salt until fully combined. Glaze the bundt cake as generously as possible.