I sometimes question the need for bowls when you can simply stuff an avocado. I have yet to encounter a savory meal that isn’t infinitely better with the addition of this creamy ingredient. A wild shrimp salad with juicy tomatoes, spicy cilantro, sweet shallots and a squeeze of lime is no exception.
Wild Shrimp Salad:
- 1/2 pound wild shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1/8 cup shallots, finely chopped
- handful of organic cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Celtic sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2-3 avocados, peeled
- Drizzle of extra virgin, organic olive oil
Combine the shrimp, shallots, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Slice the avocados in half and remove each pit. Scoop out some of the interior to create more space for the salad. Stuff each avocado with the shrimp mixture. Drizzle a few drops of olive oil across the top of each avocado.