These pumpkin spice crepes – stuffed with almond butter, drenched in a coconut-cacao concoction, and studded with toasted pecans – are the ultimate self-indulgent snack for famished foodies everywhere. Intensely rich and deeply satisfying, this meal makes me yearn for fall and all of its special seasonal offerings.
Pumpkin Spice Crepes:
- 2 organic pasture-raised eggs
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Organic, unrefined coconut oil
- Dry-roasted almond butter
- 100% organic raw cacao powder
- Organic dry-roasted pecans
Mix the eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla extract. Add the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
Lightly coat a frying pan with coconut oil. Over medium heat, add enough batter to make the desired crepe size. As bubbles begin to appear, flip the pancake and let it sit for another few minutes.
Remove from the heat and spread almond butter across the surface of the pancake. Roll gently into a crepe, then top with nuts, fruit, or preferred ingredients.