Mere salads pale in comparison when placed near this glorious spread of refreshing grapefruit, creamy avocado, and chopped pistachios. Featured by a bed of sunflower sprouts, and dripping with freshly squeezed lemon juice, this creation is the perfect marriage of summer colors, soft textures, and transcendental taste.
Grapefruit Pistachio Salad:
- 1 avocado, peeled and thickly sliced in rounds
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and cut into rings
- ¼ cup organic dry-roasted pistachios, chopped
- Handful of organic sunflower sprouts or arugula
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pink Himalyan sea salt or Celtic sea salt, to taste
Spread a handful of sunflower sprouts across a plate.
Place alternating slices of avocado and grapefruit on top or near the greens.
Sprinkle pistachios on top of the salad and drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt, if needed.