Cupcakes are perhaps the most adorable pastry and these petite treats, in particular, do not disappoint. They are decadently dark, yet remarkably light and fluffy, with a rich perfume of raw chocolate. Topped with a bittersweet frosting of ample cacao and a drizzle of maple and vanilla, these cakes demand your devotion.
Frosted Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 1/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/4 cup organic 100% raw cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon organic baking soda
- 4 organic pasture-raised eggs
- 1/4 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 cup 100% raw cacao chips (such as Pascha organic)
- 1/3 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the cupcakes, mix together the dry ingredients in a food processor. Add the eggs, coconut oil, and raw honey and pulse until fully combined.
Line a muffin pan with 6 paper liners and divide the batter evenly. Bake for 18 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
While the cupcakes are baking, melt the cacao chips, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Taste and add more maple syrup if needed. Pour the frosting mixture into a tall container and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to thicken. Remove from the refrigerator and use a hand blender to whip the frosting until it is thick and somewhat fluffy.
After the cupcakes have cooled completely, frost the cupcakes and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. These treats are best the day they are made and should be consumed at room temperature.