Nothing bewitches the palate quite like a steaming bowl of curried pumpkin and apple puree at the start of any holiday meal. This dish is saturated with turmeric, cumin, and ginger – warming spices that build upon the soup’s exotic charm. The occasional crunch of a salty topping will further delight your guests and add visual excitement to their already promising culinary adventure.
Curried Pumpkin Soup:
- 2 yellow organic onions, cut into wedges
- 2 organic Honeycrisp apples, cored and cut in half
- 4 organic garlic cloves, peeled
- Lucini extra virgin olive oil (100% pure Italian olives with no canola or vegetable additives)
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 4 15-ounce organic pumpkin puree (no additives)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 6 cups Engine 2 Plant Strong vegetable stock, Kettle & Fire bone broth, or homemade stock recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon organic ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon organic ground turmeric
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, toss the onions, apples, and garlic cloves in olive oil and sea salt. Spread across a lined baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes.
In a large soup pot over medium heat, add the pumpkin puree, orange juice, broth and spices. Add the roasted onions, apples, and garlic. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes for richer flavor infusion.
Using a handheld blender or nutrient extractor, blend the soup until perfectly smooth. Season as necessary to achieve desired taste.