Morsels of roasted chicken, charred bell peppers, and creamy avocado, fanned across a mellow bed of sesame-cauliflower rice, is a feast for the eyes and an adventure of taste.
Chicken Breasts & Cauliflower Rice:
- 2 organic bell peppers, cored and cut into slices
- Lucini extra virgin olive oil (100% pure Italian olives with no canola or vegetable additives)
- Pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 organic boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon organic toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic scallions, chopped
- Coconut aminos, for seasoning (aged coconut tree sap)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the prepared bell peppers in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the coated vegetables on the baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes, or until charred.
Using the same bowl, toss the whole chicken breast in olive oil, salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast the chicken, turning once, until the center is no longer pink and the juices run clear, approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside, covering with aluminum foil to retain heat.
To prepare the cauliflower, remove the leaves from the bottom of the vegetable. Cut the cauliflower in half and cut the florets away from the core with a pairing knife. Place the florets in a food processor and chop until the cauliflower resembles the consistency of grains of rice. The florets may need to be chopped in batches, depending on the size of your processor.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and distribute the chopped cauliflower evenly between the two to create a thin layer of “grains”. Bake for 14 minutes, flipping once.
Plate the cauliflower rice and layer with chicken, bell pepper, and avocado. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, scallions, and coconut aminos.