Self restraint is futile when fudge is hiding in the freezer. Enlightened bites speckled with buttery walnut halves bring new meaning to the concept of decadence.
- 1 cup organic walnuts
- 1/2 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic 100% raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons raw organic honey
- 1 tablespoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
The nuts can be incorporate raw, or roasted for 8 minutes in a preheated oven at 350. Chop and set aside.
Using a handheld blender or Cuisinart, mix together the coconut oil and almond butter until fully incorporated. Continue to add the cacao, honey, vanilla, and salt one at a time – pausing between each ingredient and blending completely. Stir in the walnuts.
Line a standard bread pan with parchment paper. Pour in the fudge and spread evenly across the surface. Freeze for 20 minutes and then slice into pieces. This dessert keeps best in the freezer and starts to melt at room temperature.